Saturday, July 7, 2012

The return of the Pigeons!

The pigeons are back and with a vigor. I have mentioned earlier how they were driven away by the bulbuls ( http://soniajohn.blogspot.in/2010/12/my-feathered-companions.html ). Now they had built nests in the old niche and wherever they could around my house. Day and night my home is filled with their cooing sound. This summer when I was away on vacation they even invaded my kitchen. When I came back it looked like a battle field with many fancy mugs and glass gel candles broken, feathers sticking here and there. Finally they were pushed out but they seem reluctant to leave.

Two days back while cooking breakfast two of them came out from the attic like cavity of my kitchen. Since how long they were there, I was not sure. One of them sat on the exhaust fan just above the stove and was watching me cooking. Now a days I don't get time for bird watching, may be for a change they might have come to watch me :)). My kids were frightened that it will harm me. I convinced them about this innocent creatures and sent them to school. The salt and pepper coloured pigeon looked awesome. The grey one somehow managed to get out by pulling the net from the ventilator.

Perched on the exhaust fan, the pigeon observed my cooking very keenly. I am sure it learned by that time how to make mashed potatoes. Its eyes were really captivating. No wonder beauty is often associated with dove eyes. I don't think there is any other bird that trust humans so much. Unaware of the surrounding dangers from the burning stove and the exhaust fan the bird made itself comfortable there. It even posed for snaps. I didn't want to disturb it for some time. I have to finish my cooking and rush to work. Finally the duty to shoo it away fell on my hubby who very tactfully showed it the way to its nest outside my kitchen.  

2 comments:

  1. Yes, she might be really interested in your cooking. How did she get in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. May be it sneaked in through the window when we were not at home.

      Delete